Friday, June 16, 2006

A beautiful gift from a beautiful friend



Well, as some of you may know, Matthew & I have been trying to conceive our first child for a while (almost at 20 months now). While it gets harder & harder to keep going every month, it's been so wonderful to have the support of my friends on this journey. Someone who has always been a big source of support to me is the very beautiful Chrissy, who went through the pain of infertility for three years before being blessed with her three gorgeous children. She let me know that she was sending me a "little something" to help me along in our journey. It came with a beautiful letter (written in pink, of course LOL) asking me to keep it close to my heart at all times. I wear it around my neck with much pride, and say a little prayer to St Gerard (the patron saint of pregnancy, childbirth, children & mothers) every night. Chrissy hon, this isn't a little something - it's a big something. It means the world to me to have such a sweet friend in my life. Thank you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan C said...

Wow Jody! This is wonderful. Chrissy is such a sweetheart. I hope good blessings for you soon.

7:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I am in tears. What a beautiful surprise.
:o) Lisa xx

9:54 pm  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Awww sweetie, you are sooo very welcome and now I'm crying!! What a sook I am! LOL I am really REALLY touched. HUGS!! :-)

And I came here expecting to find out how you and Matthew fared this week on your big diet LOL and I read this, what a sweet person you are. I think of you every day, baby dust to you and Matthew.

Love you hon!
Chrissy xx

10:06 pm  
Blogger Mish said...

Oh Wow Jody, I am sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks... How beautiful is your lovely gift and the sincerity behind it... I am sure the St Gerad will be working his magic real soon!

2:35 pm  
Blogger parkyslot said...

That is such a special and precious gift Jody....
So lucky. I had 8 years of unsuccessful trying and have now 2 beautiful children, if you ever want to share of have a hug on line of course. I am only an email or call away. Only to happy to talk with you. I know it was a long time ago, but the memories are still there. It isnt easy, but the best advise from me would be just relax and let nature take its course. It will happen I even fell after 2 unsuccessful IVF and they said well thats that. I thought oh well no kids and bingo.....

So there is hope my love hang in there and it will happen if meant to be.
Love Lynn (parky)

10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home